HippoEDIT 1.60 - Feature Release:
HippoEDIT 1.60 is next major update. It contains new functionality, new plugins, and old features that now have better usability and speed.
What is new?
- FTP Explorer plugin, with support of FTP/FTPS/FTPEX/SFTP/FTP over HTTP. Implements seamless FTP browsing, background loading and saving of files, searching on FTP and much more.
- Live Colors plugin, that visualize color values directly in code, using underline or background color equal to typed color value.
- Fuzzy match option for all kind of searches, that allows to use approximate text search in Find dialog, with new XML flag controlling fuzziness of the algorithm. Fuzzy mode flag has replaced Hex mode flag on Search Dialog.
- Spell Checker Dictionaries are added to online repository and available for installation from Update Manager.
- Bookmark descriptions (right click on bookmark to add). Visible in tooltip and in Bookmark Manager.
- Ctrl + C in message now copies text of the message to clipboard (as on standard message box)
- Preview in Web Browser command converted to Toggle Web Browser and now switches you to web page source in another HE tab.
- Initial auto-hiding of the tool panes, until they are not used (File Explorer, Project Explorer, FTP Explorer, and Bookmark Manager).
- Updated matching brace visualization
- Regular expression based syntax highlighting extended with support of back references to open tag groups from close tag groups. Used now in updated Perl syntax schema.
- Harmonized icon set from FatCow Web Hosting. For HippoEDIT core and standard plug-ins.
- Harmonized using of the colors in file tabs
- Updated syntax schemas for HTML, HTML5, PHP, C like languages, SVG, Perl, Lisp etc.
- Commands to close explicit tool/plugin panes (search for View.Close[PaneName]) and to close active pane, as View.CloseActivePane.
- Configuration button added for Search Pane and Project pane for jumping to settings, similar to File Explorer pane
- Updated code templates for HTML (html_user.xml)
- Updated JSBeautifier to better handle cursor position on format
New customizing settings
- Loading of the files under windows link (*.lnk) using Windows Explorer Context Menu
- Random crashes on start up
- Problem with Windows shell extension, that leads to opening of all programs as text files in HippoEDIT, when programs are called from Start Menu with "Run as Administrator"
- Memory leaks by unloading of plugins
- Crash by unloading plugin with Options page
- Hanging when saving files as attachment
- Formatting Tools plugin
- Script plugin cannot be re-installed if, was disabled
- Performance of the plain search increased in 2 times.
- "Locking" of application, in case if message box is popping when HippoEDIT window is minimized
- Auto-update features installing release version on top of beta and vice versa
- Crash when using word wrap on lines with tab characters at the end of lines.
- Crash when using JS Beautifier plugin and having Format on Paste on.
- Crash when with regular expression search for numbers
- Missing initial project on start
- Crash on creating of the new project within Open Project command
- Crash when updating of the active syntaxes with Update Manager
- Assignment of shortcuts to NewBySyntax command does not work
- Format Selection is not active on empty line
- Drop-down lists in Find in Files forgetting old values
- Bookmarked line "centered" (but keeping in mind minimizing scrolling) on navigation
- Smart Horizontal Positioning optimized for edit operations with selections (delete selection), to use selection anchor as preferred edit point.
- Word selection after drag & drop operation.
- Wrong indenting of pasted single lines.
- Syntax of "Untitled" files is not persisted between sessions
- After entering of the Registration information HE still shows (Unregistered)
- CPP labels are not properly refreshed after edits.
- Crash on Code Hint display for duplicate style keywords (for example "title" in HTML/HTML5)
- Auto-Reload does not work for remote files.
- Scrolling of the XML files is very slow (document with many single line scopes).
- In the dialog about slow script, it is not possible to modify delay threshold for scripts.
- Crash when navigating to search results from large files.
- Auto Completion list shows just typed prefix as single word.
- Search in files does not find match in large (more than 20Mbs) files
- Collapsing works even with hidden outlining margin.
- Size of document tabs "jumps" on document switches
- Crash on editing python files with collapsed scopes.
- Wrong/unexpected behavior of 'Copy Full Path'
- It is not possible to assign functional keys as shortcut.
- Closing parenthesis ")" not added.
- Wrong title for "Add to current project" command in document context menu
- Tools toolbar is not shown automatically after calling "Manage tools" dialog and tools are not empty
You can also check previous versions »